Today, 5 April, Brighter Places is launching our five-year strategy for large-scale improvements in energy-efficiency, quality, repairs and services for residents.
We are also setting out our ambitious programme to create 1,000 new homes for Bristol and South Gloucestershire.
Our five-year journey TOGETHER marks a milestone in our history. Brighter Places was established exactly one year ago, following the merger of Solon and United Communities housing associations. Now we are setting out a clear path for the next five years.
Above all, we are committed to providing a great customer experience and great homes and partnerships that will position us as both the largest independent housing association in Bristol and the best.
Great customer experience
Residents remain our primary focus. By 2027 we will:
- Achieve 85% resident satisfaction with services
- Launch a new repairs service and achieve 80% satisfaction with repairs
- Continue to work with our residents to shape decisions and policies.
Great homes and partnerships
Working with local, regional and national partners and funders, by 2027 we will:
- Invest £40m in existing homes and our repairs service
- Complete 50% of our retrofit programme to make existing homes more energy efficient, to ease the pressure of spiralling energy costs
- Create 1,000 new homes in Bristol and the surrounding areas
- Deliver 30% of new homes alongside community partners
- Build 42 multi-generational homes to help create supportive, inclusive communities
- Provide electric car charging points and energy efficient, no gas, heating systems in all new homes
Great place to work
We will invest our committed, motivated colleague team for their development and wellbeing so:
- We are an accredited ‘Best Companies’ employer by 2024
- Our workforce is more representative with 40% from diverse backgrounds by 2025
- Colleague job satisfaction will be at least 80% by 2027 (up from 73% today)
Watch our journey video here.
Further information and media enquiries
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org