Following the creation of Brighter Places, we continue to thrive and grow. We understand that every role plays a key part in delivering our short- and long-term goals and we focus on recruiting and retaining talent. We believe in our values and are committed to continuously improving for the people and communities we serve.
In support of our continued growth, we are pleased to announce that a vacancy has become available for a full time, permanent Property Inspector to join our team and play a key role in ensuring our homes are safe to live in, and provide our customers with a positive and customer professional experience.
What you will receive
- A starting salary of £26,528 with the opportunity to obtain additional performance related pay increments
- 37 hours per week in a hybrid / agile working environment
- 30 days annual leave + Bank holidays + 1 day volunteering leave + ability to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
- £700 flexi-benefit per year that can be used towards breaks away, treatments, counselling, fitness activities insurances, family activities and many more options
- 6.16% pension contribution + life assurance
- Company sick pay of up to 14 weeks full pay + 14 weeks half pay
- Access to an interest free loan of up to £1000
- Access to development opportunities to enhance your career through Brighter Places University
- Paid professional membership
- As well as a whole host of other benefits including; free immunisation, eye tests, discounted bus fares, independent financial advice, EAP, fresh fruit in the offices and more!
What will you be doing?
- Establish a programme of weekly and monthly inspections of over 100 communal areas in Bristol and surrounding areas to ensure they are kept free from obstructions and personal items, and fire alarms as well as emergency lightings are fully functioning.
- Maintain accurate records to demonstrate where properties are compliant or non-compliant. This includes identifying and logging repairs and areas for improvements.
- Complete visual re-inspections to low-risk asbestos containing materials.
- Complete annual inspections inside homes to assess the condition of key components, and visual safety inspections of key elements (i.e. gas installation, electrical installation, fire compartmentation, fire doors).
- Identify and report any safeguarding or customer related vulnerability issues.
- For more information about the role, please read the full role profile.
Who are we looking for?
At Brighter Places attitude is key! We are looking for candidates who is professional and understands the risks of lone working. Values driven with a passion for delivering exceptional customer service, you will be a real champion of fire safety.
You will have a proven track record with experience in a similar role and be able to work with minimal supervision.
You will be safety conscious and will take a collaborative approach with the ability to develop and sustain partnerships with a range of external and internal stakeholders.
So, how do you apply?
For an informal chat about this position, please contact us on email@example.com
The closing date for this vacancy is 26 January 2023 at 9am.
To apply, we ask candidates to please complete our application form below or send us your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, we recognise that this doesn’t suit everyone so please contact us at the email above if you need adjustments to allow you to apply.
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. If you need any reasonable adjustments or have any specific needs we can support with in relation to your application please do let us know.