Planned Works & Major Projects Co-ordinator
Following the creation of Brighter Places, we continue to thrive and grow. We understand that every role plays a key part in delivering our short- and long-term goals and we focus on recruiting and retaining talent. We believe in our values and are committed to continuously improving for the people and communities we serve.
Our Asset team is looking for an enthusiastic Planned Works & Major Projects Co-ordinator to join the team to help us maintain and enhance the quality of our homes and meet our compliance standards.
The overall purpose of the role is to provide a high-quality support and coordination function to the planned works and major projects, and Finance teams. This will be achieved by updating maintenance and asset records including programmes of works to accurately reflect current works status, to reconcile financial transactions with suppliers and resolving any identified issues, and to run, analyse and report against key performance indicators.
What you will receive
- A starting salary of £24,300 pro rata (Actual: £10,508) with the opportunity to obtain additional performance related pay increments
- 16 hours per week in a hybrid / agile working environment. There is an opportunity to work 17 hours for this role and candidates are asked to let us know in their application if this would be of interest
- 30 days annual leave + Bank holidays + 1 day volunteering leave + ability to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
- £700 flexi-benefit per year that can be used towards breaks away, treatments, counselling, fitness activities insurances, family activities and many more options
- 6.16% pension contribution + life assurance
- Company sick pay of up to 14 weeks full pay + 14 weeks half pay
- Access to an interest free loan of up to £1000
- Access to development opportunities to enhance your career through Brighter Places University
- Paid professional membership
- As well as a whole host of other benefits including; free immunisation, eye tests, discounted bus fares, independent financial advice, EAP, fresh fruit in the offices and more!
What will you be doing?
- Reconcile contractors’ invoices against purchase orders to ensure all transactions are correct and authorised, as well as assist in investigations and resolutions to any financial disputes.
- Ensure all works completion data is accurately updated, identifying any gaps arising in activity or works.
- Deliver excellent customer service to all external and internal clients.
For more information about the role, please read the full role profile.
You will have a track record of delivering excellent customer service and have a good understanding of budgets and invoicing. To excel in this role, you must have great IT skills, especially when it comes to Excel.
If you have excellent written and verbal communication skills, are passionate and self-motivated to make a difference, then we would love to hear from you!
So, how do you apply?
For an informal chat about this position, please contact us on email@example.com.
The closing date for this vacancy is 9am on Tuesday 28 June 2022. Interviews will be held Wednesday & Thursday 6 and 7 July 2022.
To apply, we ask candidates to please complete our application form below or send us your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, we recognise that this doesn’t suit everyone so please contact us at the email above if you need adjustments to allow you to apply.
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. If you need any reasonable adjustments or have any specific needs we can support with in relation to your application please do let us know.