These are repairs which could cause immediate hazard or danger to you or your home. An emergency repair includes no water, total power failure, burst internal pipes or securing the lock on a main door.
Can you smell gas?
- If you can smell gas, immediately contact Transco, the National Gas Emergency Service, anytime on 0800 111 999
- Check to see if your neighbours have lost their supply. If they have not, the problem could be with your own trip switches in your consumer unit (fuse box).
- Check your trip switches are all in the ‘on’ position. If your trip switch has switched off, turn off all your appliances and try to reset the trip switch to the on position. The supply may then come back on. Connect or switch on the appliances one at a time – this may indicate which appliance is causing the problem.
- If the trip switch has not switched off and you can find no other reason, call Western Power on 0800 365 900
- If you have a water leak, turn the water off using the stopcock. This is often located under the kitchen sink.
- In an emergency call Wessex Water on 0800 214 651
Who to call
Previous United Communities residents
- During office hours, please call our customer service team on 0117 942 4600
- Out of office hours, please call 0800 054 2180
Previous Solon residents
- During office hours, please call our customer service team on 0117 924 4071
- Out of office hours, for building repairs, please call MD Group on 0330 726 0193
- Out of office hours, for an urgent gas repair, please call Gregor Heating on 0117 947 9034
- Out of office hours, for an urgent fire alarm or emergency lighting repair, please call Ashton Electrical 07789 914800
Not sure who to call?
Enter your postcode to find your address and the correct number will be shown.