At Brighter Places our Finance team are responsible for providing financial support, guidance and expertise to the wider business to ensure an efficient and effective service is provided to residents. The team assist in operational decision making by providing timely and insightful financial information that helps to shape the operational activities.
We are looking for a Full Time Finance Officer to assist the Finance department in providing a timely and accurate service provision to the organisation through processing purchase invoices and rental income. Working with both suppliers and internal colleagues to resolve queries and support in maintaining strong financial controls within the organisation.
What you will receive?
- A starting salary of £24,560 with the opportunity to obtain additional performance related pay increments
- Working 37 hours per week on a Permanent Basis in a hybrid / agile working environment
- 30 days or pro rata equivalent annual leave + Bank holidays + 1 day volunteering leave + ability to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
- £700 flexi-benefit per year that can be used towards breaks away, treatments, counselling, fitness activities insurances, family activities and many more options
- 6.16% pension contribution + life assurance
- Company sick pay of up to 14 weeks full pay + 14 weeks half pay
- Access to an interest free loan of up to £1000
- Access to development opportunities to enhance your career through Brighter Places University
- Paid professional membership
- As well as a whole host of other benefits including; free immunisation, eye tests, discounted bus fares, independent financial advice, EAP, fresh fruit in the offices and more!
Overall role purpose:
- Processing accounts payable and receivable in line with financial procedures.
- Supplier statement reconciliations and responding to supplier queries.
- Liaising with colleagues within the business to respond to and resolve queries, offering best practice learning.
- Reconcile bank and credit card statements.
- Prepare month end Balance Sheet reconciliations including, debtors, creditors, pensions, and intercompany balance
- Assist in the preparation of year-end audit files.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Who are we looking for?
At Brighter Places attitude is key! We are looking for candidates to really drive forward and challenge us with new ways of thinking. Values driven with a passion for delivering exceptional service, you will be a real champion of ensuring development specifications, compliance and contract requirements.
You will have a proven track record with experience in a similar role, be customer conscious when making decisions and you will take a collaborative approach with the ability to develop and sustain partnerships with a range of external and internal stakeholders.
So, how do you apply?
For an informal chat about this position, please contact us on email@example.com
The closing date for this vacancy is 11th September 2023. Your application can be in any format you choose, but must include;
- Why you are suitable for the role and how you display our values
- Your previous experience
- Your qualifications and skills
To apply using our application form please see below for those wanting to apply by CV and covering letter please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For those who needs reasonable adjustments to apply please email email@example.com.
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. If you need any reasonable adjustments or have any specific needs we can support with in relation to your application please do let us know at the email above.