Annual service charges for residents who share facilities such as cleaning and electricity for communal areas and ground maintenance are being proposed for 2023-24.
Brighter Places is committed to openness so from 23 January to 8 February we will consult with residents who pay service charges and write to them with a breakdown of their charges from early April 2023.
Depending on the facilities each resident uses their annual service charge may be the same, go up or reduce.
The service charge is a separate payment to rent. According to government rules we review our service charges each year at the same time as setting our rent.
The consultation gives you the opportunity to learn more about what is included in your proposed service charge, how we calculate it and feedback back any queries you have.
Look out for a letter in the post
We are writing to all residents who pay service charges to explain the proposed changes. A letter should arrive with you over the next few days. Please take some time to read it carefully.
If you have any comments, please let us know as soon as possible and by the end of the consultation on 8 February 2023
How to give us your views
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post: Return the enclosed feedback form which comes with your letter
- Virtual online sessions: We are holding three online sessions on Zoom:
- Wednesday 1 February – 4pm – 6pm
- Friday 3 February – 10am – 12pm
- Monday 6 February – 1.30pm – 3.30pm
- If you wish to attend one of the above Zoom sessions please email email@example.com with your name, address and preferred date. We will share Zoom details with you a few days before the session.
Don’t forget to send us your comments as soon as possible. The consultation ends on Wednesday 8 February 2023.
What happens next
During the consultation, we will be reviewing your comments and if necessary, contacting you to discuss them further.
Please be aware that your rent (separate to service charge) is reviewed every year and is set within government rules. This means that you will receive a letter from us before 1 March 2023 that confirms your service charge, as well as your rent payable from April 2023
Have you got a question?
If you have any questions about service charges check our frequently asked questions page.
You can also find more general information about your rent and services charges here.