Come along to our Grand Finale event on 17 September 2022 to mark the end of our Summer of Listening!
The Grand Finale will be a fun-filled day exclusively for Brighter Places residents with children’s activities, free food, and entertainment.
Following the passing of Queen Elizabeth II there will be an opportunity for residents to leave their thoughts, memories and stories of the Queen if they wish.
The packed event programme will include:
- African dance and drumming
- a puppet show
- musical performances
- giant-sized games
- arts and crafts
- support to access MyPlace to get manage your tenancy online 24/7
- information stalls and advice from support organisations
- a home safety demo from Avon Fire Safety team
- and (*drumroll*) a free prize draw with the chance to win £100 worth of Love2Shop vouchers and much more!
We will be serving free Caribbean and Egyptian food and wood-fired pizzas (veggie, gluten- and dairy-free options will be available). Plus our refreshments stall will be raising funds in support of Jessie May children’s hospice, our charity of the year.
Residents will also get the opportunity to meet the Brighter Places team, including Board members, Engagement Panel members, Housing Officers, directors and our Chief Executive, Anna Klimczak.
The Grand Finale will celebrate the end of the Summer of Listening where we have been finding out from residents what we are doing well and what we can do better in three key service areas:
- accessing our services (such as rent payments) online
- supporting you through the cost-of-living crisis
- improving how we work with residents from diverse backgrounds so we can properly meet their needs when we plan and deliver services
We’ll be sharing initial feedback from what we have heard from residents through the Summer of Listening survey and what the next steps will be.
Remember to bring…
Your personal invitation and raffle ticket for the free prize draw – posted to all residents with the Summer of Listening survey. Don’t worry if you’ve mislaid them though, as we can check you in on the day.
11am – 3pm, 17 September
The green outside the Brighter Places offices
10 Eastgate Office Park
Parking is very limited and we can’t guarantee a parking space so please come by public transport, bike or on foot if you can. Bus services 24, 48, 48A, 49, 5 and Y4 all have stops within a short walk. You can check timetables on the First Bus website
Please be aware that Tokyo World festival will be taking place in Eastville Park on the same day, which may cause some travel delays in the area.
If you have any questions about the event, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org