We are proposing changes to your service charge for 2022-23 and would like to hear your views.
Every year we review our service charges, at the same time as setting our rent according to government rules.
At Brighter Places, we continue to be committed to openness and as part of this, we will consult you regularly about the services we provide to you and the charges we make.
This is your opportunity to learn more about your service charge, what’s included in each service, how we calculate the charge and to tell us what you think.
Look out for a letter in the post
We are writing to all residents who pay service charges to explain the proposed changes. A letter should arrive with you over the next few days.
This letter is the start of our two-week consultation period with you. Please take some time to read it.
If you have any comments, please let us know as soon as possible and by the end of the consultation on 28 January 2022.
Ways to have your say
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post: Return the enclosed feedback form which comes with your letter
- Virtual online sessions: Due to COVID-19 we are unable to hold drop-in sessions at our office, but we are offering online Zoom sessions. If you would like to attend one of these sessions, please email email@example.com with your preferred date. We will share Zoom details with you a few days before the session.
- Thursday 20 January 2022, 10am–12pm
- Wednesday 26 January 2022, 4pm-6pm
- Friday 28 January 2022, 10am-12pm
Don’t forget to send us your comments as soon as possible. The consultation ends on Friday 28 January 2022.
What happens next
During the consultation, we will be reviewing your comments and if necessary, contacting you to discuss them further.
Please be aware that your rent (separate to service charge) is reviewed every year and is set within government rules. This means that you will receive a letter from us before 1 March 2022 that confirms your service charge, as well as your rent payable from April 2022.
Have you got a question?
We’ve tried to answer the most common questions about changes to your service charge. Check out our FAQs here.
You can also find more general information about your rent and services charges here.