Head of Home Services
At Brighter Places, we are pleased to announce that as we continue to grow our business, a vacancy has become available for a full time, permanent Head of Home Services to join our Homes Directorate.
The successful applicant will play a key role in developing and leading the delivery of our development strategy for the association and achieving our strategic ambition of delivering “Great Homes and Partnerships” for our residents.
The successful applicant will lead strategic delivery of Brighter Places Asset Management and Decarbonisation Strategies whilst ensuring all maintenance activity is carried out and completed efficiently in a timely manner and to the required quality.
You will lead the home services team instilling high performance culture to drive quality, value for money and continuous improvement service delivery and will lead, manage, monitor and report on the reduction of Brighter Places carbon footprint in its properties.
You will work with the Homes Director to further develop and implement our Asset Management strategies ensuring our customers have “Great Homes” that are fit for the future whilst driving forward with plans to become net zero carbon.
You will consistently demonstrate and champion our Values, creating positive working relationships with internal colleagues, external customers and stakeholders whilst promoting high performance and cross-team working both within the association and our external partners.
What you will receive
- A starting salary of £65,000 with the opportunity to obtain additional performance related pay increments.
- Working 37 hours per week in a hybrid / agile working environment
- 30 days annual leave + Bank holidays + 1 day volunteering leave + ability to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
- £700 flexi-benefit per year that can be used towards breaks away, treatments, counselling, fitness activities insurances, family activities and many more options
- 6.16% pension contribution + life assurance
- Company sick pay of up to 14 weeks full pay + 14 weeks half pay.
- Access to an interest free loan of up to £1000
- Access to development opportunities to enhance your career through Brighter Places University
- Paid professional membership.
- As well as a whole host of other benefits including; free immunisation, eye tests, discounted bus fares, independent financial advice, EAP, fresh fruit in the offices and more!
What will you be doing?
- Deliver the Asset Management and Decarbonisation Strategies and ensure the effective delivery of a top quality responsive repairs service within agreed financial and operational targets.
- Lead on sustainability issues to reduce our carbon footprint in line with the Asset Management and Decarbonisation Strategies whilst leading the ongoing appraisal of our assets, on an individual basis and on a holistic basis when required.
- Ensure that Brighter Places residents are at the forefront of our decisions with regards to maintenance and decarbonization and deliver the production of effective data management and reporting systems ensuring data is accurate, accessible and meaningful, and meets the emerging and evolving needs of the business.
- Develop a thorough and detailed understanding of Brighter Places homes and estates through implementing a cyclical stock condition survey programme ensuring the financial budgeting and forecasting for planned investment and maintenance is accurate, providing budget proposals to the Homes Director and other colleagues when required.
- Champion the use of new technologies both internally and within our homes to improve the lives of our residents and working conditions of colleagues.
- Deputise for the Homes Director where required.
For more information about the role, please read the full role profile.
Who are we looking for?
- You will have experience of designing and delivering asset management, maintenance strategies with a detailed knowledge of decarbonisation. You will understand new strategic assets management principles and have the ability to apply them.
- You will be experienced in providing an effective stock condition and energy performance surveying service and in procuring and managing property investment programmes driving value for money and delivering to time and budget.
- You will have experience of partnership working with external stakeholders to identify and secure funding opportunities with the ability to provide clear, informed and objective advice on strategic issues. You will have proven experience of successfully leading and managing people, developing successful, cohesive and high performing teams and leading change.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Think you have the right values, drive and determination but not quite the right level of experience? Don’t worry…
At Brighter Places we recognise and nurture talent! We recruit highly skilled colleagues who believe in our mission and goals and have a real drive to improve the lives and communities for the residents that we serve.
However, we also understand that getting your foot on the next step on the ladder can be a difficult task when progressing through your career. Having “all the relevant experience” isn’t always possible when you need time and development to become the complete package. For us; having the right attitude, values and work ethic with a common sense approach is more important than being able to undertake every the parts of the job right from the start.
Therefore should you feel that this could be you then we operate a trainee programme and will consider applications from those wanting to be considered for the role who require development also.
So, how do you apply?
For an informal chat about this position, please contact us on email@example.com
The closing date for this vacancy is Monday 24th April 2023. Interviews will be held on the week commencing 1st May 2023. Your application can be in any format you choose, but must include;
- Why you are suitable for the role
- Your previous experience
- Your qualifications and skills
To apply using our application form please see below for those wanting to apply by CV and covering letter please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For those who needs reasonable adjustments to apply please email email@example.com.
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. If you need any reasonable adjustments or have any specific needs we can support with in relation to your application please do let us know at the email above.