At Brighter Places, we are pleased to announce that as we continue to grow our business a vacancy has become available for a full time, permanent HR Manager to join our People Directorate.
The successful applicant will play a key role in leading the delivery of our people strategy for the association and achieving our strategic ambition of being a great place to work.
The successful applicant will provide leadership to and develop the HR team, ensuring delivery of an effective, efficient and customer focused service that delivers our ambitious people strategy. This will involve maintaining strong co-operative relationships with the management teams and key stakeholders across Brighter Places and seeking to continuously improve the service, particularly through championing the use of leading HR practice and technology.
You will consistently demonstrate and champion our Values, creating positive working relationships with internal colleagues, external customers and stakeholders whilst promoting high performance and cross-team working both within the association and our external partners.
What you will receive?
- A starting salary of £49,718 with the opportunity to obtain additional performance related pay increments
- Working 37 hours per week in a hybrid / agile working environment
- 30 days annual leave + Bank holidays + 1 day volunteering leave + ability to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
- £700 flexi-benefit per year that can be used towards breaks away, treatments, counselling, fitness activities insurances, family activities and many more options
- 6.16% pension contribution + life assurance
- Company sick pay of up to 14 weeks full pay + 14 weeks half pay
- Access to an interest free loan of up to £1000
- Access to development opportunities to enhance your career through Brighter Places University
- Paid professional membership
- As well as a whole host of other benefits including; free immunisation, eye tests, discounted bus fares, independent financial advice, EAP, fresh fruit in the offices and more!
What will you be doing?
- Be responsible for all aspects of HR within Brighter Places and ensure that we deliver the People strategy through implementing plans and objectives for the HR team to ensure delivery.
- Working with the People Director to support Brighter Places to respond to the changing ex-ternal environment, appropriate opportunities and evolving internal priorities through programmes of organisational transformation, culture change, and colleague engagement.
- Foster a culture of business partnering ensuring Brighter Places provides a proactive, professional and efficient HR service that is compliant with all employment legislation and best practice, providing general advice, coaching and support as required.
- Ensure best practice frameworks are in place for sourcing talent, developing colleague’s and driving performance.
- Deputise for the People Director where required.
For more information about the role, please read the full role profile.
Who are we looking for?
- You will be an experienced HR professional with significant previous experience in a management role within HR. You will have up to date knowledge of current UK employment legislation, standards and requirements.
- You will have excellent people management skills and the ability to inspire and influence those around you. A confident, dynamic, and supportive leader and team player, with a proven record for developing others.
- You will have the drive and commitment to consistently deliver challenging targets, while demonstrating a ‘can do’ attitude. You will be IT literate and willing to champion use of technology in service delivery.
- You will have an understanding of change management and able to bring together differing cultures to provide an environment for the creation of new and sustainable organisational models.
- A prior knowledge or background in social housing would be desirable but we welcome applications from all.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Think you have the right values, drive and determination but not quite the right level of experience? Don’t worry…
At Brighter Places we recognise and nurture talent! We recruit highly skilled colleagues who believe in our mission and goals and have a real drive to improve the lives and communities for the residents that we serve.
However, we also understand that getting your foot on the next step on the ladder can be a difficult task when progressing through your career. Having “all the relevant experience” isn’t always possible when you need time and development to become the complete package. For us; having the right attitude, values and work ethic with a common sense approach is more important than being able to undertake every the parts of the job right from the start.
Therefore should you feel that this could be you then we operate a trainee programme and will consider applications from those wanting to be considered for the role who require development also.
So, how do you apply?
For an informal chat about this position, please contact us on email@example.com
The closing date for this vacancy is Monday 24th April 2023. Interviews will be held on the week commencing 1st May 2023. Your application can be in any format you choose, but must include;
- Why you are suitable for the role
- Your previous experience
- Your qualifications and skills
To apply using our application form please see below for those wanting to apply by CV and covering letter please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For those who needs reasonable adjustments to apply please email email@example.com.
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. If you need any reasonable adjustments or have any specific needs we can support with in relation to your application please do let us know at the email above.