Report a Repair
As part of our tenancy agreement with you, we will maintain the structure of your home and carry out repairs that are caused by fair wear and tear. This includes regular maintenance and services for gas appliances and fire alarms.
- Broken or cracked glass, vandalism, forced entry (unless valid Police Crime report number is provided)
- Internal decorations
- Repairing or renewing floor covering
- Fitting in and plumbing in kitchen utilities e.g. cookers, washers, dishwasher
- Replacement of lost keys (including window lock and post box keys)
- Replacement of internal locks
- Removal of pests – rats, mice, fleas, ants and wasps nests, etc
- Testing, cleaning and replacing batteries in smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors
- WiFi/ internet connection and telephone
- TV aerials and satellite dishes (except in communal flats)
- Light bulbs and fluorescent tubes in home
- Electrical fittings installed by tenant e.g. ceiling fans and decorative lighting
- Resetting trip switches
- Disconnecting and reconnecting cookers
- Sealant around fixture and fittings including sink, shower, bath and toilet
- Descaling and cleaning shower head
- Replacing toilet seats, sink/bath plugs and chains
- Stained internal sinks, WC or baths, etc.
- Blocked waste pipes, where caused by tenant
- Mixer taps and showers fitted by tenant
- Installing/ maintaining your washing machine, dishwashers and associated plumbing
- Checking the room thermostat or heating programme is set to the correct temperature or setting
- Taking steps to stop water in taps and pipes from freezing
- Turning off water at the stop tap if pipe bursts
- Maintaining gardens including: hedges and trees, paths and walk ways, clothes line
- Keeping gardens and driveways clear of rubbish, disused furniture etc.
- Sheds and outbuildings
- Cleaning leaves from gulley grids
- Fencing repairs, except where this affects a boundary fence (i.e. a fence that opens to a publicly accessible area)
Report a non-emergency repair
Please complete the online form to log your repair.
Contact us anytime by email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us during office hours
0117 942 4600
Our phone line opening hours:
Monday 8.30am – 5pm
Tuesday 8.30am – 5pm
Wednesday 10.30am – 5pm
Thursday 8.30am – 5pm
Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm
These are repairs which could cause immediate hazard or danger to you or your home. An example of an emergency repair would be a total loss of electrical power. We will come and make your home safe within 24 hours for:
- Gas leak or loss of gas supply – call National Grid immediately 0800 111 999
- Total loss of electrical power
- Total loss of water (call your supplier first)
- Unsafe electrical sockets or fittings
- Loss of heating and/or hot water in cold weather (1 October to 1 April)
- Loss of the immersion heater (if this is the only source of hot water)
- Severe roof leak
- Blocked toilet or blocked drain with sewage overflowing
- Burst water pipe where you are unable to control or isolate the water supply
- Minor water leak that cannot be contained and is likely to cause damage (e.g. by running onto electrics)
We will assess each repair on a case-by-case basis, looking at the severity of the repair as well as any vulnerabilities or individual circumstances that could make the impact of the repair worse.
We aim to provide an appointment and attend a non-emergency repair within three months. However we have recently been experiencing delays and some non-emergency repairs may take longer.
Safety and compliance inspections
These are repairs to make sure your home is kept safe and compliant such as gas servicing and cyclical maintenance. You must allow us to access your home for these purposes.
- Annual gas safety inspection to your home.
- Annual smoke alarm and carbon monoxide detector services and tests
- Electrical Condition Test (every 5 years)
- Service and inspection of lifts, dry risers, water pumps and lighting conductors plus all other serviceable items within your home, in line with manufacturers recommendations.
We will let you know in advance when we will visit you.
Find out more about our planned maintenance programme.
- Damp and mould