Older hands holding young hands

Aids and adaptations

We want older or disabled residents to live independently in their homes for as long as possible.

Do you find it difficult to do any of the following?

  • Get in and out of your home?
  • Use the kitchen or bathroom?
  • Use taps, heating controls, window latches and door handles?

Our home adaptations service

Aids and adaptations in your home can help you be more independent. Often simple changes can make a big difference.  We can fit grab rails, stair rails, flashing doorbells, lever taps, safety glass and dropped kerbs.  We can also do minor alterations to bathrooms and kitchens.

Major work

If your home needs more major work we can help you get an assessment from an occupational therapist and help you contact Bristol City Council to see if you would be eligible for a Disabled Facilities Grant.

Who can use the service?

You can use the service if either you, or someone in your household, has a long term illness, a disability or is an older resident.

For further information you can fill in the form below or contact a member of the repairs teams on 0117 9424 600.

Ask about aid & adaptations

If you have a long term illness, disability or are older and you feel an improvement could be made to your home, making living in it easier for you, get in touch with us to discuss your options.


  • Ask us about aids and adaptations for your home - complete this form