Repairs to your home
Do you have an emergency? Gas leak? No water? Total power failure?
Report a repair
Please check your responsibilities before reporting a repair.
Enter your postcode to find out who to call. Use capital letters and include the space to search for your address. Select your address and then complete the form to report a repair.
Most of our repairs services are provided for us by Alliance Homes and MD Group.
Not sure of your postcode? Use the Royal Mail postcode finder
Other ways to report a repair
If you cannot use the online form, contact us by email any time or by phone during office hours.
Phone lines are open
Monday 8.30am – 5pm
Tuesday 8.30am – 5pm
Wednesday 10.30am – 5pm
Thursday 8.30am – 5pm
Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm
Previous United Communities residents
Call 0117 942 4600. You can also text 07779 149 149 with your name, address and details of the repair. The text number does not take inbound calls.
Previous Solon residents
Call 0117 924 4071 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Not sure who to call?
- Enter your postcode below
- Select your address
- Choose urgent repair and the correct number will be shown
These are repairs which could cause immediate hazard or danger to you or your home. An example of an emergency repair would be a total loss of electrical power. We will come and make your home safe within 24 hours for:
- Gas leak or loss of gas supply – call National Grid immediately 0800 111 999
- Total loss of electrical power
- Total loss of water (call your supplier first)
- Unsafe electrical sockets or fittings
- Loss of heating and/or hot water in cold weather (1 October to 1 April)
- Loss of the immersion heater (if this is the only source of hot water)
- Severe roof leak
- Blocked toilet or blocked drain with sewage overflowing
- Burst water pipe where you are unable to control or isolate the water supply
- Minor water leak that cannot be contained and is likely to cause damage (e.g. by running onto electrics)
These are repairs that do not pose immediate danger. However they will cause inconvenience or further damage if not repaired. An example of an urgent repair would be the partial loss of electrical power. We will come to your home and complete the repair within 5 working days for:
- Partial loss of electrical power or light
- Partial loss of water or gas supply
- Loss or partial loss of heating or hot water
- Blocked or leaking drains or soil stack
- Blocked toilet or toilet not flushing (if you have a second toilet)
- Blocked sink, bath or basin
- Tap that cannot be turned
- Leak from a water or heating pipe, tank or cistern
- Inspection of leaking roof (and repair if possible)
- Insecure external window, door or lock (this is an emergency if it’s on the ground floor)
- Loose or detached stair handrail
- Loose or rotten timber floor or stair tread
- Door entry phone not working
- Extractor fan not working in a kitchen or bathroom that has no opening windows
Routine repairs are defects that do not cause serious discomfort, inconvenience or nuisance to the household and will not cause long term damage to your home.
We will come to your home and complete the repair within 20 working days.
Safety and compliance inspections
These are repairs to make sure your home is kept safe and compliant such as gas servicing and cyclical maintenance. You must allow us to access your home for these purposes.
- Annual gas safety inspection to your home.
- Annaual smoke alarm and carbon monoxide detector services and tests
- Electrical Condition Test (every 5 years)
- Service and inspection of lifts, dry risers, water pumps and lighting conductors plus all other serviceable items within your home, in line with manufacturers recommendations.
We will let you know in advance when we will visit you.
Find out more about our planned maintenance programme.