Serious emergency? Do you have a gas leak, no water or total power failure?
Other ways to report a repair
If you cannot use the online form, you can contact us by email at any time, or by phone during office hours.
Our phone lines are open:
- Monday 8.30am – 5.00pm
Tuesday 8.30am – 5.00pm
Wednesday 10.30am – 5.00pm
Thursday 8.30am – 5.00pm
Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm
Previous United Communities residents
- Call 0117 942 4600
- You can also text us on 07779 149 149. Please provide your name, address and information about your repair. * Please note * This number is for text only, and does not accept inbound calls.
Previous Solon residents
- Call 0117 924 4071
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not sure who to call, enter your postcode, click on your home address, select urgent repair and the correct number will be shown.
These are repairs which could cause immediate hazard or danger to you or your home. An example of an emergency repair would be a total loss of electrical power.
We will come and make your home safe within 24 hours.
- Gas leak or loss of gas supply (call National Grid immediately 0800 111 999)
- Total loss of electrical power
- Total loss of water (call local supplier in first instance)
- Unsafe electrical sockets or fittings
- Loss of heating and/or hot water in cold weather (1 October to 1 April)
- Loss of immersion heater (if this is the only source of hot water)
- Severe roof leak
- Blocked toilet or blocked drain with sewage overflowing
- Burst water pipe where you are unable to control or isolate the water supply
- Minor water leak that cannot be contained and is likely to cause damage (e.g. running on to electrical components)
Find out who to call in an emergency
These are repairs that do not pose any immediate danger, however they will cause inconvenience or further damage to your home if not repaired. An example of an urgent repair would include partial loss of electrical power.
We will come to your home and complete within 5 working days.
- Partial loss of electrical power or light
- Partial loss of water or gas supply
- Loss or partial loss of heating or hot water
- Blocked or leaking drains or soil stack
- Blocked toilet or toilet not flushing, if you have a second toilet
- Blocked sink, bath or basin
- Tap that cannot be turned
- Leak from a water or heating pipe, tank or cistern
- Inspection of leaking roof and repair if possible
- Insecure external window, door or lock (emergency if ground floor)
- Loose or detached stair handrail
- Loose or rotten timber floor or stair tread
- Door entry phone not working
- Extractor fan not working in a kitchen or bathroom that has no opening windows
Routine repairs are defects that do not cause serious discomfort, inconvenience or nuisance to the household and will not cause long term damage to you home.
We will come to your home and complete within 20 working days.
Compliance and safety maintenance
Repairs that ensure your home is kept safe and compliant. An example of cyclical repairs and maintenance works include external painting and gas appliance servicing. You must allow us to access your home for these purposes.
The cyclical repairs and maintenance we carry out include:
- an annual Gas Safety Inspection to your home.
- we’ll service and test annually your smoke alarm and carbon monoxide detectors
- we’ll carry out an Electrical Condition Test to your home every 5 years
- we’ll service and inspect all of your lifts, dry riser’s water pumps and lighting conductors and all serviceable items within our homes in line with manufacturers recommendations.
We will let you know in advance when we will be visiting you.
Find out more about our planned maintenance programme.