Now the warmer weather is here, we’d love to see residents’ photos that sum up your summer. So, share your summer snaps and you could be a winner!
It’s easy to get involved. Just send us photos of what summer means to you. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Wildlife in your garden
- A bird on your windowsill
- Flowers and veg
- A summer BBQ
- Days at the beach, building a sandcastle, toes in the sand
- Sunrise or sunset
- Ice lollies and ice cream
- Cooling down – paddling pools or water pistols
Or perhaps there’s something else that says ‘summer’ to you. Whatever your idea of summer, we would love to see your photos. If you have a ‘proper’ camera that’s great, however smartphone pics are just as welcome.
Our resident engagement panel will judge all entries and choose the top three photos. The winners will receive a shopping voucher:
- First prize – a £50 shopping voucher
- Second prize – a £30 shopping voucher
- Third prize – a £20 shopping voucher
The competition runs from 21 July to 1 September.
*Please note: We will feature the winner photos and all other entries on our website, monthly e-news, Brighter News and Facebook. We may use them for other Brighter Places updates and marketing purposes other than the summer photo competition updates.
How to take part
- For privacy reasons when you send us your entry please opt-in and tell us if you are happy to include your full name or just your first name with your photo. If you don’t opt-in we won’t use your name at all.
- For safeguarding and privacy reasons please make sure your photos don’t identify any adults, especially children. Also make sure any address or home location cannot be identified in the photo. The Engagement Panel will not judge entries that identify people or locations.
- Only two photos per entry – so pick your best summer snaps!
- Send your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 1 September. Please write ‘Summer photo competition’ in the subject line of your email
We will contact all winners shortly after the closing date. Our September e-news will have an update on the winners and a link to all entries here on our website. If you don’t already receive our monthly resident e-news, you can sign up here.
We look forward to seeing your summer snaps . Good luck!