Finding a buyer
Advertising your home
- As soon as we receive your property details form and RICS valuation, we will list your property on Help to Buy South.
- We will let interested people know how to arrange a viewing with you, and what they need to do next.
- You will be responsible for arranging and carrying out viewings in your home.
Approving a buyer
- Your buyer must qualify for shared ownership and register with a Help to Buy agent.
- We are required to approve the mortgage offer for any buyer and consent to the purchase as this is usually a condition of the lease.
- A buyer is found on a ‘first come, first served’ basis once we have confirmed they are eligible, and once we have received a copy of their ‘Mortgage in Principle’
Completing the sale
- The conveyancing process will begin between your solicitor and the buyer’s solicitor. Your solicitor may ask us to complete a Leasehold Enquiry Pack: this is an extra charge.
- You and your solicitor will agree a completion date once the legal requirements have been met.
- You completion date is also your moving day – congratulations, your home is sold!
You are responsible for paying the following:
- RICS valuation fee
- Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) cost
- Brighter Places administration fee. This covers our costs for listing the property during our nomination period and our administration costs including responding to questions from your solicitor and your buyer’s solicitor; assessing the purchaser and approving their mortgage offer.
- A Leasehold Enquiry Pack, if requested by your solicitor, is an additional charge
- If we confirm that you can instruct an estate agent you will also be responsible for their fees An agent will typically charge you 1 – 1.25% of the market value for their marketing services
- Your own solicitor fees.
This information is correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change. Please ask your sales adviser for further information, or email firstname.lastname@example.org