This summer Brighter Places colleagues will be out and about in your neighbourhood carrying out a ‘Big Door Knock’ as part of our Summer of Listening.
We want to meet and listen to as many residents as possible over the five-week Big Door Knock taking place from Monday 18 July to Friday 26 August 2022.
If you’re not in when we visit, there are two online events you can join on Tuesday 26 July and Wednesday 17 August.
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll get to meet and chat with members of your local Housing Team
- We’ll give you updates on how we are improving services we provide to you.
- To keep improving our services we’ll be asking for your views on three service areas so we can understand how we’re doing and what we can do better. They are:
- Accessing our services (such as rent payments) online
- Supporting you through the cost-of-living crisis
- Improving how we work with residents from diverse backgrounds so we can properly meet their needs when we plan and deliver services.
While we’re with you, we’ll also:
- Check we have your up-to-date contact details
- Listen to any other issues you would like to talk to us about and where necessary put a plan of action in place
- Give you a personal invitation and raffle ticket for our family Summer of Listening Grand Finale event on Saturday 17 September where you’ll get to hear what how we’re improving services using the information you’ve told us, plus more!
Summer of Listening Grand Finale
The event will be a fun-packed day for Brighter Places residents with free food, children’s activities, entertainment, information stalls, support to get online and create your own MyPlace account, plus there will be a wide range of organisations taking part that offer services you may be interested in.
You’ll get the chance to talk to the Brighter Places team including Board members, Engagement Panel members, colleagues, directors and our Chief Executive, Anna Klimczak.
Could you provide entertainment or food at our event?
We’re keen to hear from residents who would like to help us make the Grand Finale event fun for all the family. Maybe you’re part of a music or dance performance group, you run a mobile catering service, or you provide face painting for kids. Whatever your skill and experience in events entertainment we’d love to hear from you. To get involved please get in touch with our Engagement Team now.
What happens next?
We’ll update you with more details over the coming weeks, so keep an eye on our website and social media channels.
In the meantime, we look forward to meeting you on your doorstep over the summer and on’t forget to save the date for the Summer of Listening Grand Finale event on Saturday 17 September.