Support for your tenancy

Our tenancy impact team offers support to residents who are most in need. This might be help to manage money or support to give you the confidence to manage independently and take control of decisions that affect you. We work with local partners to deliver this support and can point you in the direction of services in your area.

Contact your housing officer first

See all our support options below. Call 0117 942 4600 and and ask to speak to your housing officer if you feel you would like some support.

What support can we provide?

  • Money matters
    • Financial health checks and income maximisation
    • Funding towards white goods and furniture (depending on criteria)
    • Resettlement support
    • Energy advice
    • Contents insurance advice
    • Help to set up a basic bank account
    • Signposting to local specialists and advice centres

  • Keeping warm and paying your energy bills

    If you are worried about keeping warm and paying your fuel bills, have a look at our Keeping warm page. It offers useful advice and organisations that can help.

    If you do not know your energy provider, we can help you. find out.

    Email tenancyimpact@brighterplaces.co.uk

    or call 0117 942 4600 (Ask for option 4)

  • Welfare benefits
    • Help with applications
    • Help with appeals in Jobseekers Allowance sanctions
    • Help to apply for Discretionary Housing Payment
    • Guidance and support: Non-Dependency Charges
    • Guidance and support: Universal Credit
    • Signposting to local welfare specialists and benefit advice centres in the community
  • Physical, emotional and mental wellbeing
    • Help to register with a GP or dentist
    • Access to mental health or wellbeing support
    • Access to support for drug/alcohol/substance misuse
    • Adapt your home for your physical health needs
    • Support you around healthy eating
    • Support you to quit smoking
  • Employment and training
    • Support relating to CVs, job applications and interviews
    • Volunteering opportunities in the local community
    • Access to education and training courses
    • IT facilities and training
  • Community and resident involvement
    • Preventing isolation in the home
    • Access to social groups, classes and community events
    • Access to social media communities
  • Local environment
    • Support for victims of domestic abuse, hate crime or anti-social behaviour
    • Access to a Neighbourhood Watch scheme
    • Access to a Children’s Centre
    • Signposting to community organisations

  • Property and maintenance
    • Support to empowering you to maintain your property and report repairs

If you need support... we are here.

 Contact your housing officer on 0117 942 4600