IT Desktop Support Engineer
Are you looking for a place to belong and help others find their way home? At Brighter Places, we value colleagues who consistently demonstrate and champion our values and who create positive relationships with colleagues and customers. We are looking for an IT Desktop Support Engineer to help make a difference every single day.
IT Desktop Support Engineer
Full time and permanent
Protecting our customers’ data is a critical priority and we constantly work to implement improvements across the business, bringing value wherever we can.
In this role you will provide on-site and remote IT support to all our internal customers. You will help and enable our colleagues to use IT effectively to help them provide excellent customer service to our residents.
Although not an exhaustive list, the responsibilities of this role will include:
- Configuration and provisioning of hardware such as laptops, tablets and mobile phones.
- Being a key part on the new employee onboarding process
- Deliver ad-hoc training to colleagues such as essential safe computing practices and productivity tips.
- Communicate upcoming updates and changes to internal customers.
- Collaborate with the rest of the IT team to escalate and resolve complex problems.
- Conduct remote and on-site diagnostics to troubleshoot software and hardware problems on end-user devices and related networking devices.
- Assist with the setup, configuration, and maintenance of our industry specific line of business applications as well as Microsoft services such as Exchange Online, Teams, Sharepoint and InTune.
- Maintain documentation of support activities including solutions and knowledge base articles.
- Take part in IT infrastructure improvements, application updates, networking, DR testing and various data integration and exchange projects.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and advancements in Microsoft technologies, networking, and IT support tools and practices.
Whether you join us to share your skills or gain new ones, to lift people up or learn about yourself, you’ll be valued, challenged and very welcome. No matter who you are, where you’re from, or the journey you’ve been on so far, we’ll welcome your unique experience and perspective – and help you find your brighter future.
Depending on the role, we don’t always require relevant experience and via our Brighter Places University we offer training and mentoring to help you get the most out of your role.
For this role we are looking for individuals who have:
- Experience in an IT support/ IT engineering role requiring trouble shooting and colleague interaction
- Knowledge and experience of working with a broad range of IT equipment.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems and experience of network troubleshooting
- Understanding and demonstrable experience of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and LAN/WAN technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively influence and negotiate with personnel at various organisational levels.
- Strong analytical, creative problem solving and planning skills to achieve results.
- Diagnostic skills and the ability to perform root cause analysis
- Customer-orientated approach with excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to prioritise, plan and meet deadlines.
- We are a friendly team of almost 110 people and are committed to being a great place to work
- We are a ‘Best Companies Very Good to Work For’ winner in 2023
- We offer 30 days of annual leave + bank holidays + one day volunteering annually + the ability to buy up to five extra days each year
- We offer a £700 flexi-benefit that can be used towards breaks away, treatments, counselling, fitness activities insurance and many more options
- 6.16% pension contribution + life insurance
- Company sick pay of up to 14 weeks full pay + 14 weeks half pay
- Interest free employee loans up to £1000
- Development opportunities via the Brighter Places university
- Paid professional memberships and subscriptions
- Plus a whole host of other benefits including; free immunisations, eye tests, discounted bus fares, independent financial advice, an employee assistance programme, fresh fruit in the offices and more
This role closes on: Thursday 26th October 2023
How to apply:
Sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!
If you think you have the right attitude, drive and determination but perhaps not the right experience don’t worry.
At Brighter Places we recognise and nurture talent. We like to recruit both highly skilled, experienced colleagues and those who are looking for get their foot on the ladder; perhaps just starting out or looking for a career change.
So, if you think your values match ours and you’d like to apply for this role, here’s what to do:
- If you’d like an informal chat about the position please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your application can be in any format you like; letter, CV, presentation, video, voice note – we will accept all reasonable adjustments to support your application to work with us. It must include;
- Why you are suitable for the role and how you feel you meet our values
- Your previous experience
- Your qualifications and skills
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. If you need any reasonable adjustments or have any specific needs we can support with in relation to your application please do let us know at the email above.
Brighter Places is a disability confident employer and any applicants who disclose a disability and meet our minimum criteria will be offered a guaranteed interview.