Property Compliance Officer
At Brighter Places, we continue to thrive and grow. We understand that every role plays a key part in delivering our short- and long-term goals and we focus on recruiting and retaining talent. We believe in our values and are committed to continuously improving for the people and communities we serve.
Property Compliance Officer
Full time (37hrs)
£26,765.00 per annum
Closing date: 5th January 2024
In support of our continued growth we are pleased to announce that a vacancy has become available for a full time, permanent Property Compliance Officer to join our team.
What you will receive
- A starting salary of £26,765.00 with the opportunity to obtain additional performance related pay increments
- 37 hours per week in a hybrid / agile working environment
- 30 days annual leave + Bank holidays + 1 day volunteering leave + ability to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
- £700 flexi-benefit per year that can be used towards breaks away, treatments, counselling, fitness activities insurances, family activities and many more options
- Pension contribution of 6.16%
- Company sick pay of up to 14 weeks full pay + 14 weeks half pay
- Access to an interest free loan of up to £1000
- Access to development opportunities to enhance your career through Brighter Places University
- Paid professional membership
- As well as a whole host of other benefits including; free immunisation, eye tests, discounted bus fares, independent financial advice, EAP, fresh fruit in the offices and more!
What will you be doing?
- Oversee the delivery of safety servicing programmes, including:
- Gas safety
- Asbestos safety
- Mechanical / electrical safety
- Water safety
- Fire Safety
- Other areas of property related statutory compliance
- Ensure all safety servicing programmes are proactively managed and that we meet our statutory obligations.
- Regularly monitor safety servicing contractors’ operational performance.
- Coordinate the delivery of the Property Safety MOT programme.
- Support the delivery of the weekly/monthly (as appropriate to each block) programme of inspections of all communal areas.
- Support Property Inspectors to ensure the dwelling Property MOT inspection programme is delivered.
- Lead on ensuring access is achieved to carry out safety servicing or inspection activities. This may include any necessary enforcement activities in line with our policies and procedures.
- Working with the Housing and Customer Service teams to ensure recharges are processed and undertaken in accordance with our policies and procedures.
- Identify and report any safeguarding or customer related vulnerability issues.
Who are we looking for?
At Brighter Places attitude is key! We are looking for candidates with a can do attitude and motivated to go the extra mile! .
You will have experience of working with management databases and ideally have some customer service experience too. You will have a working knowledge of Microsoft packages and use your excellent communication skills to liaise clearly with a wide range of internal and external customers.
How to apply:
Sound like you? If you think you have the right attitude, drive and determination but perhaps not the right experience don’t worry, we’d love to hear from you!
At Brighter Places we recognise and nurture talent. We like to recruit both highly skilled, experienced colleagues and those who are looking for get their foot on the ladder; perhaps just starting out or looking for a career change.
So, if you think your values match ours and you’d like to apply for this role, here’s what to do:
- If you’d like an informal chat about the position please contact us at email@example.com
- Your application can be in any format you like; letter, CV, presentation, video, voice note – we will accept all reasonable adjustments to support your application to work with us. It must include;
- Why you are suitable for the role
- Your previous experience
- Your qualifications and skills
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. If you need any reasonable adjustments or have any specific needs we can support with in relation to your application please do let us know at the email above.
Brighter Places is a disability confident employer and any applicants who disclose a disability and meet our minimum criteria will be offered a guaranteed interview.