Stock Condition Surveyor
Following the creation of Brighter Places we continue to thrive and grow. We understand that every role plays a key part in delivering our short and long term goals and we focus on recruiting and retaining talent. We believe in our values and are committed to continuously improving for the people and communities we serve.
In support of our continued growth we are pleased to announce that two vacancies have become available for a Part-Time, permanent Stock Condition Surveyors to join our team and play a key role in ensuring our homes are safe to live in, and provide our customers with a positive and customer professional experience.
What you will receive
- A starting salary of £23,995.34 with the opportunity to obtain additional performance related pay increments
- 22.5 hours per week (3 days) in a hybrid / agile working environment
- 30 days annual leave Pro Rata
- Up to £700 flexi-benefit per year that can be used towards breaks away, treatments, counselling, fitness activities insurances, family activities and many more options
- 6.16% pension contribution + life assurance
- Company sick pay of up to 14 weeks full pay + 14 weeks half pay
- Access to an interest free loan of up to £1000
- Access to development opportunities to enhance your career through Brighter Places University
- Paid professional membership
- As well as a whole host of other benefits including; free immunisation, eye tests, discounted bus fares, independent financial advice, EAP, fresh fruit in the offices and more!
What will you be doing?
- Complete Annual Property Safety inspections inside homes to assess the condition of key components, and visual safety inspections of key H&S elements (i.e. gas installation, electrical installation, fire compartmentation, fire doors).
- Carry out stock condition surveys to establish building condition, age, repairs and remaining life of building components, detailing compliance with Decent Homes and the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) and identifying any failures.
- Report any specific repairs/major works not associated with the job in hand and to report and pass on any reactive repairs to the relevant contractor.
- For more information about the role, please read the full role profile.
Who are we looking for?
At Brighter Places attitude is key! We are looking for candidates who are professional and understand the risks of lone working. Values driven with a passion for delivering exceptional customer service, you will be a real champion of property safety.
You will have a proven track record with experience in a similar role and be able to work with minimal supervision.
You will be safety conscious and will take a collaborative approach with the ability to develop and sustain partnerships with a range of external and internal stakeholders.
So, how do you apply?
For an informal chat about this position, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this vacancy is 20th of September 2023. Interviews will be held on 20th of September 2023.
To apply, we ask candidates to please complete our application form below or send us your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. However, we recognise that this doesn’t suit everyone so please contact us at the email above if you need adjustments to allow you to apply.
At Brighter Places, we know diversity within the work place fosters creativity and innovation. We are committed to equality of opportunity, to being fair and inclusive, and to being a place where all belong.
We therefore particularly encourage applications from candidates who are likely to be underrepresented in Brighter Places workforce. These include people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQI+ candidates and applicants with disabilities.
If you need any reasonable adjustments or have any specific needs we can support with in relation to your application please do let us know, we will be happy to help.