Surveyor (Building/Repairs and Voids)
Are you looking for a place to belong and help others find their way home? We are looking for two Surveyors to join our team and help make a difference every single day.
Two positions available
Full time (37hrs) and Permanent roles
£39,459 per annum
Closing date: 15th February 2024
In this role you will provide a high-quality customer-focused and professional repairs service, including the delivery of Planned & Cyclical programmes whilst ensuring that our homes and customers are safe, and works are carried out in accordance with Health & Safety policies and statutory obligations
We value colleagues who consistently demonstrate and champion our values and who create positive relationships with colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
Although not an exhaustive list, key responsibilities include:
- Manage an annual planned & cyclical maintenance programme or component replacement programme
- Provide a high quality customer focused service to all residents, leaseholders, other stakeholders and colleagues.
- Deliver a range of pre and post works inspections to ensure the right work is completed to a high standard that meets the customer’s needs.
- Support and oversee works and ensure they are delivered to a high standard of quality, on time and on budget and in line with statutory requirements.
- Support the Customer Services and Housing teams in answering technical queries and inspections regarding the construction, handover and defects management of properties.
- Effectively use Microsoft packages, IT systems and databases as necessary to deliver work.
Whether you join us to share your skills or gain new ones, to lift people up or learn about yourself, you’ll be valued, challenged and very welcome. No matter who you are, where you’re from, or the journey you’ve been on so far, we’ll welcome your unique experience and perspective – and help you find your brighter future.
Depending on the role, we don’t always require relevant experience and via our Brighter Places University we offer training and mentoring to help you get the most out of your role.
For this role we are looking for individuals who:
- Are educated to GCSE standard or equivalent with significant property inspection experience.
- Have the ability to thoroughly and consistently inspect and assess standards, with an eye for detail to identify variation from defined standards.
- Have experience in liaising with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Positive and assertive.
- Committed to resolving issues.
- Positive attitude to continuous improvement.
- Excellent IT skills, including proficient use of Microsoft Office packages (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook), and use of business systems.
- Motivated and determined to go the extra mile
- Valid UK Driving License.
- Ability to travel independently to visit sites, properties etc.
How to apply:
Sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!
The easiest way to apply is via our application form but your application can be in any format you like; letter, CV, presentation, video, voice note – we will accept all reasonable adjustments to support your application to work with us. Please make sure you include;
- Why you are suitable for the role and how you align with our values
- Your previous experience
- Your qualifications and skills
If you think you have the right attitude, drive and determination but perhaps not the right experience don’t worry.
At Brighter Places we recognise and nurture talent. We like to recruit both highly skilled, experienced colleagues and those who are looking for get their foot on the ladder; perhaps just starting out or looking for a career change.
If you’d like an informal chat about the position please contact us at email@example.com
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. If you need any reasonable adjustments or have any specific needs we can support with in relation to your application please do let us know at the email above.
Brighter Places is a disability confident employer and any applicants who disclose a disability and meet our minimum criteria will be offered a guaranteed interview.